Friday, June 05, 2009

Tweeting As I Travel Rte. 50

I've decided communication is for the birds, and joined the Twitter (R)evolution. Amazingly, both LiveYourLight and my own name were already in use, so my Twitter handle is Amara_Rose, or http://twitter.com/Amara_Rose.

I'm currently traveling back to the West coast via US 50, a state highway that runs coast to coast, minus the frenetic pace and diesel devastation of the interstates. Tonight I'm in Romney, West Virginia, typing this in a local hotel as a 50th anniversary high school reunion rages in the conference room a few feet away. It's fun to watch these lively people in their late 60s act just as they probably did at 18. Our bodies may age, but we remain who we've always been ~ ideally becoming more of ourselves in the best ways, and allowing our less beneficial behaviors to morph along the timeline.

My trip East has been fraught with distress, frustration, and a deep sense of loss. Despite my planetary role as energy transducer and worldbridger, I felt unable to bridge the gulf that exists between who I have evolved into over the years, and my family of origin. We inhabit vastly different universes in every sense, and while both they and I made valiant efforts to communicate from love and patience, ultimately my great fatigue (after driving 4000 miles and then continuing to deal with the van's ongoing mechanical problems, spending most of my days in auto repair shops ~ not exactly high vibration environments!) and physical depletion left me with no resources to hold the space for the highest possibility to emerge.

On one level, I feel I've failed both myself and my birth family; on another, I realize, as Patti Cota-Robles keeps reminding us in her alerts, that we are in the midst of an "incredibly intensified cleansing process" and all is perfect, whether it "looks" that way to me right now or not. I know I began to feel the low vibration feelings lifting/shifting as soon as I was out of the immediate physical vicinity; after about 100 miles, I started to relax, and by the time I got to Route 50 (near Winchester, VA) I was ready for adventure again.

I have a card in my van that reads, "What, after all, is Adventure but Inconvenience, properly regarded?" I could not hold this perspective against the decades, if not lifetimes, of competing energy in NJ, and, it is and has been who I am now.

May you hold yourself tenderly during these tumultuous times, and allow your energy to fluctuate as it needs to as you ride the roller coaster of Now into the New.

Remember that this New Nomad is available, via phone, email and in person as I travel, to serve you.

Many blessings,
Amara

1 comment:

jacquelyn said...

Greetings tweetheart...
Glad to know you are back on the road, you do find special ones....Highway 50,/Rt. 50, one with a five in it anyways and straight across country....may it unfold for you with some ease and comfort as you head west. Look forward to upcoming messages from songbird on the wing. Love, Jacquita Banana