Monday, January 04, 2010

The Heart of the Matter

We've entered a quantum realm, where mainstream "realities" of force and fear seem more and more illusory, while living in the flow and in the know feels real. The mental, hierarchical structures and strictures are dissolving, although it doesn't always look that way! Embracing the matrix is key. How do we do this?

In Urgent Message from Mother: Gather the Women, Save the World, Jean Shinoda Bolen, MD, reminds us that the words matter, matrix and material all come from the Latin word for womb, "mater," which means mother. She also uses the evocative phrase, "speaking truth to power."

Reading Bolen's eloquent call to action, I suddenly remembered a play I saw years ago, Mother Wove the Morning. During my own pilgrimage to consciousness, I realized how profoundly I yearned to nestle into the nurturing archetypal arms of the Great Mother. I found her in trees, in our animal kin, in metaphysical bookstores and sacred ceremony, and in the wisdom of those who had gone before me and could give a name to this longing. READ THE REST!

No comments: