Sunday, December 16, 2007

Part of the Plan? Dan Fogelberg Departs

In an eerie case of deja vu, I was thinking about Dan Fogelberg today, wondering whether I'd soon be hearing his holiday-themed song, "Same Old Lang Syne" on the radio. I was a great Fogelberg fan during his heyday in the mid-late '70s, which were also my college years.

Imagine my shock to log on just now and read that Dan made his transition to the angelic realms today at age 56, due to advanced prostate cancer. Like John Denver's untimely demise in a plane crash a decade ago at age 54, this comes as yet another wake-up call. I lost a good friend to leukemia at age 54 on fall equinox, and many others in recent years, all in their 30s, 40s or 50s, to brain tumors, cancer or stroke.

While one perspective is that they've completed their earth journeys this time around and were ready to travel onward, still it makes me realize just how precious and fleeting our moments in a body really are. This entire year at the half-century mark has been a sobering ride for me. I've written a rather sassy, upbeat story called Facing the Fifties that has yet to see publication (though I've been trying :-) so if you'd like a copy in Word, please let me know.

May you be richly blessed with the will and the ways to manifest your destiny and live the life you desire and deserve.

Much love to you,
Amara

No comments: