Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Free-Fall Into the Future

From Aluna Joy's current Center of the Sun newsletter, this comforting and wise counsel from mythologist Joseph Campbell, who also invited us to "follow your bliss":

"So yield to what is coming.
We're in a free-fall into the future.
We don’t know where we're going.
Things are changing so fast and always
when you're going through a long tunnel anxiety comes along.
And all you have to do to is transform your hell,
into a paradise,
is to turn your fall
into a voluntary act. It’s a very interesting shift of perspective,
and that's all it is. Joyful participation in the sorrows ~
and everything changes."

His words remind me of when I was entering my own tunnel of descent; I recall saying to someone I was releasing from my life (with whom I reconnected, years later), "I'm in free fall, and I want to be here." I actually saw myself peel my fingers back from the life I'd been holding to so tenaciously, and while part of me (my ego/mind) was terrified, my oversoul watched with abiding peace and overarching Love.

The journey, while arduous, led me to an unimaginable new shore.
Blessed Be.

No comments: